- Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is to Endemol Shine UK (“ESUK”). Please see below for our contact details. Any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of The Island: Survival Challenge Game mobile application, and/or the official website www.theislandsurvivalchallenge.com (the “Site”) and all related services which we may provide to you from time to time (“Services”).
Your Personal Information – what is it?
Personal Information relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
ESUK is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your Personal Information is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your Personal Information?
ESUK complies with its obligations under the DPA and the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes: -
- To operate the Game/ Services/ Site and deliver the services that individual has requested to receive.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services relating the Game/ Services.
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions on the Game or of potential new services that may be offered.
- To analyse the use of the Game/Site to facilitate improvements, updates, offers, promotions and to improve the game and the game experience
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
ESUK is processing your personal data under the lawful basis of consent.
What Information do we hold about you, how is it collected and why do we need it?
Personal Information is collected by ESUK, which may include your name, IP address and email address:
- When you make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to us;
- When you sign up to a mailing list to receive further information about games, products and services provided by ESUK; and
- Otherwise as required by law.
Sharing your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with:
- Nelson X Creative Ltd, Legendary Games and All 4 Games who are employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- Google Firebase and Fyber who are third party analytics companies and advertisers as set out above, but this is only in aggregated and anonymised form; and
- where we are required to do so by law or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party.
We do not pass on or sell your Personal Information to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purposes for which it was collected. We may retain your Personal Information after you have closed any account with us, or after we have ceased providing Services to you if retention of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to. We will delete your account if it remains inactive for a consecutive period of two (2) years and/or if you email us at any time requesting us to.
Where will we store your Information?
Transfer of Data Abroad
We may transfer and store your Personal Information such as name and email address with a third party processor located outside the EEA. Where your Personal Information is transferred and stored outside the EEA we will ensure that the recipient agrees to keep your information confidential and hold it securely in accordance with the requirements of the DPA and GDPR. In submitting this application form containing your Personal Information, you consent to the processing, transferring and storage of your personal information in this way.
Security and how do we protect your information?
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain appropriate and reasonable technical and physical safeguards, and ensure that all relevant third parties we use to store your Personal Information use similar safeguards, to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. However, since the Internet is not a completely secure environment, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your rights and your Personal Information
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which ESUK holds about you;
- The right to request that the ESUK corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for ESUK to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
How to contact us
You control the Personal information that we hold about you. You can email us at any time with any questions, queries or complaints, or if you wish to change, update or remove any of your personal information at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: The Island: Survival Challenge, Digital Team, Endemol Shine UK Ltd. Shepherds Building Central, Charecroft Way, Shepherds Bush, London W14 0EE.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
If you do grant consent, please note you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com or write to us at: The Island: Survival Challenge, Digital Team, Endemol Shine UK Ltd. Shepherds Building Central, Charecroft Way, Shepherds Bush, London W14 0EE. Please note that all processing of your personal data will cease once you have withdrawn consent but this will not affect any Personal Information that has already been processed prior to this point.